Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Short Sabbath

 Pastor Bill preached about the sabbath rest today: the principle that God designed us to rest one day in seven. He says it doesn't matter especially which day it is, as long as it's regular and done in awareness that this is what God set up for us out of His love. It's meant to be a benefit, not a burden. And ultimately, Jesus is our "sabbath rest," because He has done all the work to pay our way into the kingdom. Whew! So, in the same spirit as the disciples who picked grain to eat on the sabbath, I spent the afternoon making a pair of board shorts for my munchkin grandson. They are a size two. I don't suppose he will mind that I made a dress of the same fabric. It is a size... larger.

1 comment:

  1. They both look good! I can't wait to go to the beach now so E can wear his snazzy board shorts.

    ReplyDelete